- This iconic 645 square kilometre wilderness landscape showcases the wild Georgian Bay Coast of pink granite; the La Cloche Mountains’ white quartzite ridges and over 50 exceptionally clear, sapphire lakes set among Jack Pine hills.
- The area has long captivated artists including The Group of Seven’s A.Y. Jackson, Franklin Carmichael and A.J. Casson, so much so, that they persuaded the Ontario government to make it a park.
- Extensive backcountry canoeing and sea kayaking experiences.
- Outstanding hiking including the 80 km, looped, La Cloche-Silhouette Trail, as well as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in winter.
- George Lake campground, with access to beaches, trails, and canoeing.
- Yurt accommodation available year-round.
- Historic Village of Killarney, founded in 1820 as a fur trading post on Georgian Bay, 10 km from park and home of the famous Herbert Fisheries fish and chips.
Sunday, March 2, 2014
This is a 24" x 24" acrylic painting of my grandson.