Monday, April 7, 2014

MuseumMemories


Today, reading a newspaper,
I saw an interesting article called
MuseumMemories and here are 
some of the ones it mentioned:

-Monet's "Waterlilies"

-"my favourite was curating and installing
my first exhibition"

-"Seeing my all-time favourite painting 
in person at 1999 Sargent exhibition."

-"Standing owed and mesmerized 
by the swirling blues and green 
only inches in front of
Van Gogh self-portrait."

I have memories of emotional tears when,
visiting the dreamed
Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando,
in Madrid, I was in front of this self-portrait of Goya. 
The great  painting "Fusilamientos de la Moncloa",
also called "El 3 de Mayo, 1808", is another one.
I never forget the white strokes which 
defines the shirt of the man to be shot.

PAINTINGS OF MY PAST

"St. Mary's Church at Bathurst Sreet, Toronto"

These are watercolours that I did some years ago.
I thought of them as many christians celebrate
Easter and Holy Week.
St. Peter's, located at Bathurst/Adelaide, 
used to be an Irish community parish.
Today it is Portuguese.

"St. Michael's Cathedral, interior"

Situated in the heart of Toronto, 
this Roman Catholic Cathedral was consecrated
 in 1866. It played an instrumental role 
in the founding of nearby St. Michael's Hospital 
with the Sisters of St. Joseph.



"Bloor St. West"

My last watercolour where I am experimenting 
with a much looser way of brushwork
in watercolour and in painting in general.
In a way, it leaves out the details for the mind 
to work at completing the picture.
It is Bloor street where people expose themselves
to the invitations or temptation of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment